Dr. Dara graduated from the Florida Atlantic University with an undergraduate degree in Exercise Science and Health Promotion. She then went on to work as a personal trainer and yoga instructor before attending Palmer College of Chiropractic, Florida.
During Dr. Dara’s time at Palmer she became interested in Applied Kinesiology (AK). AK is a method of diagnosis and a way to determine the proper therapy a patient may need. AK is a system that evaluates physical, mental and environmental aspects of health by using muscle testing alongside conventional diagnostic methods. Dr. Dara served as the founder and president of the AK Club at Palmer for 3 years where she spread her knowledge of AK to other chiropractic students. Upon graduation from Palmer, Dr. Dara moved to California where she worked with numerous Olympic Athletes and NFL Players. With her extensive knowledge of how the body functions and her understanding of Applied Kinesiology, she is able to get to the root of the problem instead of masking symptoms.
Since her move to Arizona, she has continued to work with NFL Players but has also branched out to Pregnancy and Pediatric Care with the birth of her daughter in May of 2011 and her son in August 2013. Having personally gone through the process herself, she is sympathetic to the aches and pains of the process and recognizes a happy healthy pregnancy makes a happy healthy birth and baby.
Dr. Dara has a warm, welcoming, smile that makes her patients feel comfortable and confident they are being cared for every time they enter the office.
Palmer College of Chiropractic, Florida Campus 2008 – Doctorate of Chiropractic
Florida Atlantic University 2005- Bachelors of Science in Exercise Science and Health Promotion
Awards and Honors
- Clinical Excellence Award
- Virgil Strand Philosophy Award (nomination)
- Clinic Teaching Assistant (CTA)
- Clinic Teaching Assistant Supervisor (CTAS)
- Teaching Assistant
- Applied Kinesiology
- Active Release Techniques ® 2009
- Certified Chiropractic Extremity Practitioner (1 course shy)
- Graston Soft Tissue
- ACA – American Chiropractic Association
- ICAK – International College of Applied Kinesiology
- ICPA – International Chiropractic Pediatric Association
- NSCA – National Strength and Conditioning Association
- ACSM – American College of Sports Medicine
- ACE – American College of Exercise
Hobbies and Interests
In Dr. Dara’s free time she enjoys spending time with her family, the beach, surfing, swimming, running, hiking, camping, playing fetch with her dog, reading, and exercising.